ConferenceFEBRUARY 2–5, 2017
Thank you for your interest in attending MUNUC. Registration will remain open until September 23 and operates on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that we reach capacity earlier than Sep. 23, we will open a waitlist. Our admin team will confirm your delegation’s position assignments and number of allotted spots in the early fall.
Please see the pre-conference advisor handbook for additional information on conference logistics.
To begin, click the Register button in the top-right of the page. Reach us at email@example.com with any questions.Jump to Fee Schedule
- May 16: Registration opens
- September 23: Registration and country preferences close
- October 14: School registration fees due
- October 28: Financial aid applications due
- November 4: Delegate roster and hotel room requests due
- November 21: Delegate fees, waiver forms, and training modules due
- December 16: Fee refund deadline
- January 13: Position papers due
- February 2: Conference begins
- February 5: Conference ends
A detailed schedule for the conference weekend will be posted closer to the date.View Abbreviated Schedule
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2016
- 2:00–6:00pm: Conference Registration
- 4:00–4:45pm: International Delegate Training Session
- 5:30–6:15pm: General Delegate Training Session
- 5:30–6:15pm: Crisis Committee Training Session
- 7:00–8:00pm: Opening Ceremonies
- 8:30–11:00pm: Committee Session I
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2016
- 9:00–10:00am: UChicago Admissions Information Session
- 10:15–11:15am: UChicago Admissions Information Session 2
- 11:30–12:00pm: General Delegate Training Session
- 11:30–12:00pm: Crisis Committee Training Session
- 1:00–5:00pm: Committee Session II
- 7:00–10:30pm: Committee Session III
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2016
- 10:00–1:00pm: Committee Session IV
- 2:30–6:30pm: Committee Session V
- 8:30–11:00pm: Delegate Social Events
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2016
- 10:00–11:30am: Committee Session VI
- 12:00–12:45pm: Closing Ceremonies
Fees, Refunds & Financial Aid
- School Registration Fee$100 / $150 postmarked after Oct. 14
- Delegate Fee$60 / $70 postmarked after Nov. 21
The school fee is non-refundable and is required to secure a registration.
Enrolled international schools will have to submit all school fees and 75% of delegate fees within 14 days of receiving their registration confirmation or they will lose their placement. This deposit is non-refundable.
All conference events will be held at the Palmer House, A Hilton Hotel. The venue is a classic reborn, established nearly 150 years ago and boasting a colorful history deeply intertwined with the city of Chicago. Recently renovated with modern amenities, the Palmer House offers a splendid backdrop to the stimulating discussions of a Model UN conference, and we are pleased to return to this historic setting for our twenty-ninth year.
The hotel is in the heart of downtown Chicago, at 17 East Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603. It is conveniently situated near many dining options and attractions, and less than an hour from the city’s major airports at O’Hare and Midway.
MUNUC has arranged for these special room rates at the Palmer House Hilton, the conference hotel. Please make room requests through MUNUC via the AdvisorWeb portal. Room rates are as follows, and do not include taxes.
|ROOM TYPE||RATE PER NIGHT|
Payment & Refunds
All payments must be made by wire, credit card, or check; we do not accept cash payments. For credit card and wire payments, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks should be made out to “Model United Nations of the University of Chicago.”
Send payments to the following address:
Model United Nations of the University of Chicago
5706 South University Avenue, Suite 002B
Chicago, Illinois 60637
United States of America
MUNUC will refund delegate fees in the case of cancellation up until December 16. Refunds are not applicable for deposit fees or the school registration fee.
MUNUC believes that cost should be not a barrier to educational opportunity, and is pleased to offer need-based aid to schools and individual delegates, in the form of fee waivers and reimbursements for travel and hotel costs.
We encourage schools for whom the cost of attending MUNUC may be prohibitive to fill out a financial aid estimate form, in order to get a better sense of how much assistance we would be able to provide. Your school does not need to register for MUNUC first to submit this form.
Please email completed documents to email@example.com. Applications are due October 28, 2016.